The premier place to experience Shakespeare’s stories as our own.
To create dynamic, clearly spoken productions of Shakespeare’s plays, which enrich people’s lives.
To accomplish our mission, we:
- Engage and sustain a highly skilled company of theatre professionals including Equity Actors.
- Seek and treasure patrons and partners who value and support the Festival’s commitment to bringing Shakespeare to the people and making artistic excellenceaffordable.
- Contribute to the region’s vitality and prosperity.
- Provide educational opportunities for learners of all ages and backgrounds.
- Stage plays by other playwrights and encourage artistic events of high quality.
- Explore Shakespeare’s language and themes in order to engage people of all ages and backgrounds in conversation relevant to their lives, community, and world.
Our Core Values
In all we do, we are passionately committed to:
- Respect, empathy, and compassion
- Excellence, authenticity, and innovation
- Outreach and education
- Accessibility and affordability
- Honesty, responsibility, and accountability
- Diversity and inclusiveness
The Great River Shakespeare Festival produces thoughtful, articulate, engaging productions of Shakespeare’s plays, and contributes substantially to the cultural, social, and economic life of Winona, the midwest, and the United States.