The premier place to experience Shakespeare’s stories as our own.
To create dynamic, clearly spoken productions of Shakespeare’s plays, which enrich people’s lives.
To accomplish our mission, we:
- Engage and sustain a highly skilled company of theatre professionals including Equity Actors.
- Seek and treasure patrons and partners who value and support the Festival’s commitment to bringing Shakespeare to the people and making artistic excellence affordable.
- Contribute to the region’s vitality and prosperity.
- Provide educational opportunities for learners of all ages and backgrounds.
- Stage plays by other playwrights and encourage artistic events of high quality.
- Explore Shakespeare’s language and themes in order to engage people of all ages and backgrounds in conversation relevant to their lives, community, and world.
Our Core Values
In all we do, we are passionately committed to:
The reviews are in! Read what others are saying about GRSF:
…in the case of the Great River Shakespeare Festival’s production of "Twelfth Night," one needs a thesaurus to come up with new words of praise. "Magical" comes first to mind, followed by "marvelous," "endlessly entertaining," "an absolute treat,"…
…every single role was cast and played perfectly. …the music was carefully and thoughtfully integrated into the play as a whole. …the set was beautifully constructed. …the choreography—particularly of the scene in which Malvolio finds the letter—was brilliantly conceived and flawlessly executed. And, to conclude, the Great River Shakespeare Festival has produced a perfect ‘Twelfth Night’.
Riddled with famous lines, rippling with bold action and leavened with humor, “Henry V” is practically irresistible…
To gain access to our press quality photos, please request the password by contacting Heidi Bryant, Marketing & Finance Associate, at 507.474.9377 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have the password, click here to be redirected to the Press Photos page.