Shakespeare for Young Filmmakers
July 7-18 (Tuition: $400)
Classes are held from 10am-4pm with a film screening during the Young Artist Showcase on 7/26 @ 6pm
Guided by GRSF company members and filmmakers, this course is designed for students grades 7-12 seeking an introduction to filmmaking. SYF gives opportunities to those creative minds interested in the work behind the camera. Working from the ground up, students will be exposed to the workings of creating a film in pre-production, production, and post-production. All students work daily with professional filmmakers on conception, writing, filming, and editing. Over the course of the workshop, SYF students will take part in the creation of one of GRSF’s summer films, acting as a part of the crew, including camera operating, directing actors, and other on-set duties. All SYF students will be credited in the film which will debut on the main stage during the Young Artist Showcase on Sunday, July 26th at 6:00 p.m.
All levels of experience are welcome. SYF is based on the foundations of filmmaking, while giving a chance for those who may have more experience to enhance their skills.
SYF students will focus on:
- The fundamentals of storytelling/screenwriting
- On-set roles, equipment, and terminology
- Directing actors for film
- Basic principles of editing
All SYF students also:
- Have a chance to work in multiple on-set positions
- Get to take part in the creation of a short film created by GRSF company members, including the opportunity to direct GRSF company actors
- Attend GRSF’s summer season productions and other festival events<img data-cpid=
Benjamin Boucvalt, GRSF company actor, writer and filmmaker. His early days in film were spent studying screenwriting. Today, Benjaming works/teaches on stage and in film, leads storytelling workshops, and published his first novel in 2014.